Great Philosophy

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."-Dr. Seuss

Friday, April 20, 2012

In The Blink of an Eye by Michael Waltrip

In the Blink of an Eye: Dale, Daytona, and the Day That Changed Everything  I am a huge NASCAR fan and have watched Michael Waltrip's process through the years. While I think that the man can drive a race car, I don't think that he is as good as some people think that he is.
This was kind of a short little blurby book about his life and his friendship with Dale Earnhardt, who, unfortunately, died the day that Michael won his first Winston Cup/Sprint race. I understand from the book that Earnhardt and Michael Waltrip were buddies and I cried while he talked about the events of the day he lost his friend/boss. Anyone who was a fan cried that day.
I felt that the book was too quick with things. There might have been more written about certain events. I think that the book would have been better served if we got to know Michael a little more.

http://michaelwaltrip.com/

No comments: