Great Philosophy

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."-Dr. Seuss

Monday, April 9, 2012

Ghostly Encounters by Frances Kermeen

Ghostly Encounters by Frances Kermeen  This book is really more of a travelogue than true ghost stories. While the inns and hotels that are written about are haunted, I found that there was not enough written about the hauntings. I would have enjoyed more instances of people having stayed there and experiencing the ghosts. I think that I picked the book up thinking that there was going to be more of that than the amenities offered by each inn. I would have liked to learn more about that than the breakfast, lunch and dinner offered.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1254738.Ghostly_Encounters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We joke that my husband's grandmother is the ghost that occasionally slams the toilet seat down in our house. Sorry to hear that last book wasn't what you expected. I would have thought the same as you if I were to judge it by its cover.

Aris Whittier said...

I too would have wanted more written about the hauntings. My family and I love to watch "ghost" programs on the tv. We always say we'd loved to stay in a haunted hotel...;o)